Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning (HVAC) checks can make the difference in working or living in an environment that improves air quality, ensure the lungs of a building can work more efficiently and save both businesses and homeowners money through easy maintenance. It’s a little like having a brand-new car.
If you service your new car regularly, you will have trouble free motoring for years to come. It’s the same with your air conditioning, your ventilation areas and your heating. These can be as a simple maintenance program or to take matters into your own hands by ringing the most qualified companies that will enable your peace of mind when you know that your system is simply not working as efficiently as it could be.
Making the call is the first step and the friendly and professional staff at HVAC Services Australia are there 24/7 to help you over the hurdle.
If you work in a Hospital you know the importance of hygiene for the health of patients and the vital Doctors, Nurses and Admin staff that work in the health care facility.
Air quality is the key to a healthy building and it won’t cost you as much as you may think.
A quick check using the latest equipment by our qualified staff will put your mind at rest. For a limited time, we can provide you with an initial health assessment of your building free of charge.
If you plan to have the preventative maintenance check of your system, its easy, affordable and prompt. You will be supplied with a full report detailing any actions (if any) are needed to be rectified.
Did you know that:
- FACT: NINE OUT OF TEN HVAC SYSTEM FAILURES ARE CAUSED BY DIRT AND DUST
- FACT: CLEAN SYSTEMS RESTORE CAPACITY AND LESSEN RUNNING TIME, WHICH MEANS IT SAVES YOU ON MONTHLY HEATING AND COOLING BILLS.
- FACT: A BUILDUP OF ONLY 1.06MM OF DIRT ON A HEATING AND COOLING COIL CAN RESULT IN A DECREASE IN EFFICIENCY OF 21%. (EPA)
- FACT: 50% OF ALL ILLNESSES ARE AGGRAVATED BY POLLUTED AIR. (ACA)
- FACT: ONE OUT OF SIX PEOPLE WHO SUFFER ALLERGIES DO SO BECAUSE OF A DIRECT RELATIONSHIP TO THE FUNGI AND BACTERIA IN THE DUCT SYSTEM.
Flex in a building before and after treatment
Coils within the air-duct
Duct leading to the main air outlets
How do I know that I need a check?
Service is where it’s at.
What is the point of having a company that boasts it can provide a whole range of services only not to turn up when you need them. You book them for a service and they turn up 3 hours later or worse still they don’t turn up at all.
That’s why we provide our valued customers and clients a specific time guarantee.
Our Service technicians will agree with you a time and they will be there. If not, (unless it is due to circumstances out of our control) we will provide the call out fee free of charge. We care about our customers and clients and we have the National resources to make sure that you obtain the best possible service.CONTACT US
The Benefits of an FRA HVAC Service Plans
Cleaning the coils—Chiller performance is related directly to heat transfer efficiency. Dirty evaporator and condenser tubes decrease a chiller’s ability to transfer heat, thereby increasing a compressor’s energy consumption by as much as 30 percent or more.
When condensing temperatures rise from 35°C to 40°C, cooling capacity is cut by 7 percent. For a 10-ton unit, this wastes about $550 per year. Cleaning the coils assists in saving energy at a minimal cost.
While the financial benefits of regular commercial air conditioning unit & refrigeration maintenance are numerous and might outweigh the cost of a contract, there are other considerations to be aware of:
- Ensuring Your Safety – Testing of all safety mechanisms and parts verifies that your HVAC system is safe and functioning properly.
- Increasing Efficiency – Making the appropriate adjustments to your equipment ensures that it’s running at optimal efficiency. Clean air filters generate maximum airflow, while debris-free indoor and outdoor coils create more efficient heat transfer.
WARNING: Inefficient HVAC equipment may be accounting for up to 70 percent of your energy bill!
- Improving Durability – HVAC service plans extend the life of your air conditioning units by as much as 50 percent. Avoid expensive air conditioning breakdown and repair call outs, make sure you regularly maintain your valuable air conditioning equipment
- Increasing Your Property Value – Keep records of your service plan, tune-ups and other paperwork to increase the value of your property. If you plan to sell your home or commercial premises, these records make the negotiating process less daunting.
- Getting Speedier Service through a Plan – FRA provides priority service to customers on a service plan. If your Air conditioning (AC) unit needs a service in the middle of a summer, the expedience of support that comes with a service plan is a real sweat saver.
FRA are experts in building services maintenance and facilities management
FRA can help building owners and managers optimise existing commercial air conditioning & other HVAC systems to reduce energy costs. Optimisation includes:
- The scheduled service of your ducting, coils, grills units, condensate pans of air conditioning is provided when and
where it is required.
Other measures can assist such as:-
- Temperature controller thermostats to reduce demand and save energy
- Streamlined air distribution systems reduce the demand for fan power and HVAC unit capacity. This reduces running costs and improves indoor comfort. For example, an increase in a ducts cross-sectional area by 15% will reduce the friction rate by 50%, reduce pressure drop contributed to by the ducts by 50%, reduce overall pressure drop by 40% and reduce fan energy consumption by around 15-20%
- Insulate ducts to prevent undesirable heat transfer
Ventilation systems also benefit from optimisation:
- High-efficiency fans and motors with direct drives save significant amounts of energy
- Variable speed drives enable fan speed to match the required air flow
- Demand controlled ventilation adjusts outdoor air intake to maintain optimal indoor air quality
- Preventing over ventilation minimises undesirable heat transfer and humidity
- Isolating fan motors prevents unwanted heat transfer
Proper maintenance means your HVAC system will continue operating at its optimal energy efficiency; maintain occupant comfort, maximise equipment life and minimise component failures. Regular maintenance can conserve space conditioning energy use through measures such as:
- Cleaning of distribution systems (fans, filters and ducts).
- HVAC filters should be maintained or changed on a regular basis as recommended by the manufacturer, which can be as frequently as monthly during peak cooling or heating seasons. Proper filter maintenance will help avoid energy waste and overwork of equipment.
- HVAC equipment needs to be maintained on a regular basis to ensure efficient operation, reliability and a longer life. Ensure the maintenance program includes the cleaning of condenser coils, evaporators and filters, and fix any duct leaks. Check refrigerant levels and airflows, and adjust each year as required. Old and inferior valves and steam traps can waste energy if not replaced.
Upgrades: Modern technology can reduce HVAC energy use by up to 50%. As a result, buildings can use smaller HVAC systems which consume less energy and water.
When replacing HVAC systems, consider high-efficiency units. Replacing air conditioners that are more than 10 years old can save 20-40 per cent of your climate related energy costs annually and reduce your carbon emissions. New inverter technology can save up to 30 per cent of energy consumption, compared to conventional air conditioners. Fixed speed compressors will run at full capacity and will stop and start automatically to maintain the desired temperature, whereas an inverter unit will reach the desired temperature quicker and adjust its capacity to maintain a consistent temperature.
If you have premises to maintain, you will want to ensure that the building services, such the air conditioning, boiler and plumbing, are running reliably and efficiently. A breakdown in one of your systems can result in disruption, unplanned costs and discomfort for the building’s users. FRA Facility Services provides Facilities Managers with information on key factors that influence the performance and efficiency of HVAC systems and important issues that must be addressed to get the best sustainability outcomes from existing and new maintenance contracts. Advice is given on environmental performance benchmarks and monitoring to target improvements and to verify the results.
FRA can add value to your business by identifying and implementing cost-effective measures that enhance building performance. We provide practical advice which assists building owners to proactively identify energy and water saving opportunities during routine maintenance and operational activities.
Benefits of Best Practice Maintenance Practices
- Attain sustainability goals
- Improved occupant comfort
- Retain asset value
- Increase plant lifespan
- Reduce energy consumption and expense
Benefits of programmed HVAC maintenance plans
- HVAC preventive maintenance plans ensure your commercial air conditioning, heating, cooling and ventilation equipment remains in good repair. By inspecting their systems regularly, technicians will catch minor problems before they grow into major ones.
- Maintenance plans save you money by improving the energy efficiency of your equipment. You know that leaky old equipment wastes money.
- Eliminate surprises. A customer with a maintenance plan rarely gets hit with a sudden midwinter heating system replacement. If your equipment is failing, technicians will be able to repair it during a tune-up — or at least warn you of what lies ahead and help you explore options.
- They are convenient. HVAC preventive maintenance agreements eliminate hassle for you. We will contact you when it’s time for a checkup.